Saturday 16 January 2010

Musical Interlude

Over the last year, I've started to get more into music. Since in the UK we have the wonderful and free (if you don't mind the adverts) Spotify application, which contains a huge amount of music, it's rare that I really want to listen to something that I cannot find.

This application is wonderful to me, as it suggests similar artists and has an excellent variety of new releases. Perhaps if your tastes are a little more 'out there' you might see some limitations. But it led me to discover a whole heap of new albums - many that I went on to buy and load onto my phone. I love how the music and lyrics can take my mind to a completely different place.

Here are my favourites from the last year that I spent my lunch-hours stomping down the Thames to:
Plain White T's - Big Bad World
Fightstar - Be Human
Pink - Funhouse
McFly - Radio:Active
Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown
Frankmusik - Complete Me
Pendulum - In Silico
Hey Monday - Hold on Tight
The Maine - Can't Stop, Won't Stop
Mayday Parade - A Lesson in Romantics
Colbie Caillat - Breakthrough

No comments: