Sunday 10 January 2010

Snowy Snowy

The snow started where I live on Tuesday evening. It continued all day through Wednesday and settled into a big fluffy deep pile over most of the area. Thankfully, I live in a place where a path has been cleared down to the tube station, so when I did venture out to try and go to work on Friday I was successful. It's snowed a little bit over the weekend but it's finally melting! Hooray! Don't get me wrong, I love snow, but for the usual one day a year that we normally get it. This extended snow period has made me grumpy because it has also been horribly, bitterly cold. We went out for brunch yesterday and when we got back I could barely feel my hands well enough to type the PIN in for my food shopping. What made me laugh most this week though was that it still didn't stop some women walking around in ridiculously high heels. Some people will do anything for fashion. I'm more on the common sense side myself.

The couple of snowy images that stuck out for me this week are these:
Snowy UK from satellite
Self Rolling Snow Balls

No comments: