Sunday 7 March 2010

Tons of music



This week I had the pleasure of seeing Fightstar do an acoustic gig in a teeny venue in Camden to celebrate the re-release of Be Human with the live DVD and a few new songs. A few hundred of us packed into Dingwalls to listen to them play songs from all their albums plus a couple of covers. My two favourites from Be Human were on the set list, along with the lovely 'Vincent' covered simply with just Charlie and his guitar. I had shivers.

All in all a fantastic gig, which didn't cost a fortune. Support acts were half of Lower than Atlantis who were particularly amusing when they made up the words when they couldn't remember the lyrics to a song they were going to cover without missing a beat.

Also supporting were Watford group Spy Catcher who I've been following for a while, but sadly hadn't managed to get along to one of their gigs. As luck would have it, I already had the tickets before I realised they were supporting, so that made it all the more fab for me. But live they were excellent, really rock and roll and I can see them going far. I came away with a copy of the EP and their catchy songs playing in my head for the whole tube journey home. If you get a chance to see them live then do it!

Finally, I'm not too sure why, as I'm a normally very chilled out and happy girly, but this song has been floating around in my head ever since I heard it yesterday - there's something soothing to me about singing along to angry songs - and the lyrics of this one just make me grin, it's kind of angry and a purge of bad feeling all in one. Take Cover - Resolution.

No comments: