Sunday 1 January 2012

TUSAL 2012


I'd seen this on a few of the Cross Stitching blogs I follow without really knowing what it was but just seeing jars full of brightly coloured threads. I finally found the source... Yay!  I guess it's not of much interest to anyone who doesn't stitch, but the TUSAL stands for Totally Useless Stitch-A-Long.  It is presided over by Daffycat and the full details are here:

http://itsdaffycat.blogspot.com/2011/11/totally-useless-stitch-long.html

But basically, it involves storing up my stitching thread offcuts in a little jar and then posting up a photo around the time of each new moon.  For 2012, these are:

January 23
February 21
March 22
April 21
May 20
June 19
July 19
August 17
September 16
October 15
November 13
December 13

There is no real point to it, but just for fun I've decided to join in this year.  I bought a little jar, which my husband then stole and filled with cashew nuts, so I'll be eating my way through those and then stealing it back! There are currently over 270 bloggers signed up for this, so I look forward to seeing everyone's brightly coloured jars and then thinking about how I can use the offcuts for something later on in the year :)

2 comments:

SoCal Debbie said...

Glad to see you joined up too! I have to get a bigger jar than last year, as I plan to do a lot of stitching!

ricketyjo said...

Hi Debbie :)
I'm quite excited, although I thought I'd done lots of stitching yesterday and then looked at the pile of ORTs and thought I'm never going to fill a jar! I am determined though!