Well, it has been utterly miserable here. For weeks, the sky has been grey and I've been rained on every day that I've left the house, it has been most unpleasant. It also makes me feel grumpy and like hibernating.
However, two things have cheered me right up - the first that I have 50 followers on my little blog now... I never thought I'd get even 5, so this is so lovely... and I love to read other peoples blogs to motivate me, your pictures are all so pretty and uplifting!
The other reason I'm smiling is because two people have given me the Liebster Award! They are the lovely Emma at xxxstitching and Beverly at weestitchy.
Liebster is a German word meaning favourite, dearest or beloved. The Liebster Blog Award is awarded by bloggers to other new bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to help spread the word about their blogs and to help them gain wider recognition.
The Liebster award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting.
Choose 5 up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers to award the Liebster to.
Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don’t know about you.”
So here we go...
It's not that I can't pick 5 blogs, but I'd rather pick a couple that I find really outstanding and whose posts I particularly love to catch up with... I don't know if this means I don't satisfy the conditions or not, but oh well, it's meant to be fun right and to point people at new blogs to follow...so here are my top picks...
1. http://charbellastitching.blogspot.co.uk/ - I've really loved watching the progress on Faery Tales, and I find it very motivational because I've just started my first HAED - there are people who actually manage to make a ton of progress, so maybe one day I will get mine finished!!
2. http://cathycrossstitch.blogspot.co.uk/ - her latest post on stash collections really struck a chord with me - I have dabbled in different crafts and have decided Cross Stitch is where I'm happiest. But each craft seems to need so much stash. Even though you could in theory stitch a project at a time and have only one little packet at a time, why then do I have 4 boxes full?
And my five random facts:
1. My right thigh is numb from an operation I had 10 years ago on my hip.
2. I dont like shopping for shoes or handbags. Jackets and boots are my bag, baby!
3. Although I always said I'd move back up north at some point, London has really grown on me. I'd be happy to stay.
4. I love to look at fashion blogs. Even though I'm not very fashionable. Must try harder...how do these people know how to accessorise properly and it seems to have completely passed me by?
5. I have a stuffed wombat called Wozza. That was also the nickname of my first boyfriend. I didn't name the wombat, funnily enough, but it makes me laugh when I think about it.