Monday 7 May 2012

Moonlit Waters update - Page 1 finished!

Hello there,

Well, I feel pretty good today.  I've been working quite solidly this weekend on Moonlit Waters.  Since it's been a bank holiday, my goal was to finish page one and I just put the final stitch in that page, so I'm pretty happy that there's still a little bit of the evening left.  There has been a lot of black and navy and purple in page 1, but from the look of page 2 we get to move onto some other colours, which is great.

I'm finding the HAED a lot of fun, but I'm not stitching exclusively on it.  I guess it's my 'home' project, but I have a few others on the go whilst I'm travelling.  I even managed to put some stitches in on a tiny project during my tube journeys, which is quite nice.  This does mean that since I've gone back to work, progress is slower than I would like, but not really anything I can do about that.

I'm finding working a block at a time quite a good way to do things, not as difficult as I thought and I'm pretty happy to say that there hasn't been much unpicking so far (touch wood).  I think it's easier to keep track of the confetti in a 10x10 square and much more manageable that way.

Anyways, here's a picture of Page 1:


Ah well, one page down... 35 to go!!!

Thanks for dropping by,
Jo

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Lovely work on a very ambitious and beautiful project!
Cathy

dulcinella said...

It looks lovely! You finished page 1 quickly. Good luck with the next page:-)

Margaret said...

Wow, that really is an ambitious project! There's no way I could do it. I stick to primitive and antique repros. lol! I was looking at your Liebster things about you. I'm envious -- I'd love to visit London, and I wouldn't mind living there either! Thanks for commenting on my blog!

ricketyjo said...

Thanks Cathy... at this rate it's going to take me a lot of years to finish, but I'm just trying to do a little at a time!

ricketyjo said...

Thank you :) It feels like it took an age, but I'm cracking straight on with Page 2, it's much easier with the longer amounts of daylight.

ricketyjo said...

Hi Margaret - Well, I wanted to try something different that might fall into the 'epic' category... for me anyway, who is used to small pieces. At least there are no fractionals, which I hate! But after seeing all the HAED other people were working on, I thought - why not!?