Monday, 7 May 2012

Moonlit Waters update - Page 1 finished!

Hello there,

Well, I feel pretty good today.  I've been working quite solidly this weekend on Moonlit Waters.  Since it's been a bank holiday, my goal was to finish page one and I just put the final stitch in that page, so I'm pretty happy that there's still a little bit of the evening left.  There has been a lot of black and navy and purple in page 1, but from the look of page 2 we get to move onto some other colours, which is great.

I'm finding the HAED a lot of fun, but I'm not stitching exclusively on it.  I guess it's my 'home' project, but I have a few others on the go whilst I'm travelling.  I even managed to put some stitches in on a tiny project during my tube journeys, which is quite nice.  This does mean that since I've gone back to work, progress is slower than I would like, but not really anything I can do about that.

I'm finding working a block at a time quite a good way to do things, not as difficult as I thought and I'm pretty happy to say that there hasn't been much unpicking so far (touch wood).  I think it's easier to keep track of the confetti in a 10x10 square and much more manageable that way.

Anyways, here's a picture of Page 1:


Ah well, one page down... 35 to go!!!

Thanks for dropping by,
Jo

6 comments:

  1. Lovely work on a very ambitious and beautiful project!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy... at this rate it's going to take me a lot of years to finish, but I'm just trying to do a little at a time!

      Delete
  2. It looks lovely! You finished page 1 quickly. Good luck with the next page:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It feels like it took an age, but I'm cracking straight on with Page 2, it's much easier with the longer amounts of daylight.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that really is an ambitious project! There's no way I could do it. I stick to primitive and antique repros. lol! I was looking at your Liebster things about you. I'm envious -- I'd love to visit London, and I wouldn't mind living there either! Thanks for commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret - Well, I wanted to try something different that might fall into the 'epic' category... for me anyway, who is used to small pieces. At least there are no fractionals, which I hate! But after seeing all the HAED other people were working on, I thought - why not!?

      Delete

I love reading all your comments, they give me lots of motivation to keep posting. Thank you for reading my little blog :)