Monday 4 February 2013

Superbowl 47

Well, that was exciting, wasn't it?

Since we enjoyed watching last year, hubby and I decided to brave the late start time and watch again this year.  It took a while to get to grips with all the rules again but we soon got back into it.

We got stocked up with snacks and drinks.  We flaked out on the sofa.  It was pretty emotional to watch the Sandy Hook kids singing before it started.

Since neither of us really knew much about either of the teams we didn't really pick sides.  I thought the Ravens did a great job in the first half and that fantastic long run down the entire pitch was brilliant at the start of the second half.

Beyonce was so entertaining in the interval... slightly too much stomping and not quite enough clothes, but it wouldn't have surprised me if she had used up all the power and caused the power cut in the stadium (I'm sure that's not true though).  The Destiny's Child reunion was a great thing to see, although we weren't left in any doubt as to who the girl in charge was.  Seriously, I felt like I needed to immediately join the gym again and work at getting that fit that I can stomp-dance like that for 30 minutes in those heels.

Back into the second half of the game and it was great to see the 49ers come back so strongly and to close the gap right up...I had thought that there really wasn't going to be any chance for them but they really went for it and it seemed to be paying off.

One of the things I also enjoyed was following along on Twitter with what was being said about the game, it makes it a much more immersive experience, especially when you're in a completely different country and still picking it up.

I thoroughly loved the game, a shame about all the stop starting - 4 hours for 60 minutes of gameplay was very frustrating.  I'm also pleased that the UK is getting a taste of it with a couple of games at Wembley later this year, and I believe that they are already sold out.  I can see this sport taking off in the UK, hopefully one day I'll get to go and see a live game - I don't think it would be as frustrating to be dragged out for this long when you can pop out and have a beer and have the stadium atmosphere (and when it's not the early hours of the morning).

Until then, I'll just have to wait for the next one.   If you watched it, who were you rooting for and what did you think?

3 comments:

Tanya said...

If it couldn't be the Broncos this year, we were hoping for the "Niners"...sadly, not to be. Beyonce made me want to go to the gym, too - I just drank and ate, instead, since there wasn't much I could do about it that day! Thanks for dropping by - new follower here. Have a fabulous rest of the week - Tanya

Sea Witch said...

Didn't watch it, wasn't interested. I was actually doing our taxes. LOL. Earlier in the day I was felting sweaters to turn into Christmas socks (stockings)...yea, I tend to start early when I can so I don't have to rush like the mad woman I usually am. So glad you stopped by to say hello.

Ali said...

Hi thanks for visiting my blog and your lovely comment :-) ooh no on too late to watch the american football - I cant remember when I last stayed up until 11 lol - cant take the pace anymore - anyhoo off for a nosy on your blog - your current stitchy project looks amazing!!!