Saturday, 26 October 2013

Finished Pumpkin

Well, Halloween is almost upon us and during my weekly trips to my knit and stitch group, I'd made good progress on this piece from JCS Halloween magazine from 2011.  It's stitched on 28 count Sparklies fabric called 'Fire', 1 over 1, which as you know if you read this blog I found a bit tricky to work with after 14 count!

But I did get it finished this week and ordered the memory thread for the worm, and some mountboard so that I could stick to the finishing instructions in the magazine.  It's the first time I've done something other than get a piece framed professionally or stuff it in my completed projects folder, so I'm quite pleased that it didn't turn out too shabby.  I decided I wasn't keen on ribbon etc round the edge, but I'm happy with it just like this :)


The house is looking pretty orange and black and we have our spooky tablecloth on and a tub of sweets for the trick or treaters and if we don't get any, they will all go in my tummy.

Happy Halloween!

6 comments:

  1. Thats gorgeous - love the design and the pattern :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and the linen you stitched on is so prefect! Great job!
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pumpkin and I love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I LOVE this! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute Halloween design, and great finish too!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, they give me lots of motivation to keep posting. Thank you for reading my little blog :)