Monday 16 December 2013

Volunteering

For the last few months, in an effort to gear up my brain for going back to work, I've been working as a volunteer at a local Community Interest Company called Significant Seams - yes, you've guessed it, it's textile and crafty related.

I have to admit, it's a completely different experience to working in an office job, but I am very much enjoying it.  I'm volunteering as their Librarian, and you can read an interview that we did here on their blog (and yes, the knitting book I'm holding is extremely retro!):

http://www.significantseams.org.uk/2013/12/06/volunteer-voices-jo/

Pop by and have a look at the website and if you're ever in East London, we are on Wood Street - please do drop in for a natter and come and browse the shop and Library :)

3 comments:

Annie said...

What a great organization. I've never heard of anything like that before. And good for you in finding the time to donate your services!

Brigitte said...

It's a great thing you are doing at that organization. And through the crafty books and mags you are always connected with your hobbies. I was also volunteering at our local library for many years and it was really rewarding.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It sounds like a brilliant place to volunteer! I haven't been to London for far too long. I miss the pre-children days of being able to hop on a train and be there in three hours!