Wednesday 16 April 2014

New Stash

Hello everyone

As promised, here's a little update with the new stash that I bought at the Creative Stitches show a couple of weeks back.  I'm pleased with myself that I didn't go too mad (frankly, I've got more than enough stuff as it is), but I did manage to pick up these few things:

Random offcuts of fabric - A pack of greys and blacks in a good variety of counts, and a pack of neutrals and browns, again some tiny but mostly large varied count pieces.  At £4 each, I grabbed them!


A selection of cards from The Nutmeg Company.  I can't describe how much I love these cards.  Whichever show I go to, I always seek them out and make sure I pick up something from them because they are so different and people always love the cards I have made from this range.


Something a bit different for me - these are cards made with different pieces of fabric, and stitched like quilted pieces.  I spotted them as something which was a bit more unusual and thought I'd pick up a couple of simple looking ones and give it a try.  They also had a wide range of books on the subject for people who wanted to take things further.  I've not seen this sort of thing at shows before but I thought it looked beautifully effective.  There's not huge amounts of info in the kits, but these were designed by Sally Holman, Priory Farm.


And that was it really! I did also do a workshop with the Royal School of Needlework, but that piece isn't yet finished so I will save it for another time.

TTFN!


5 comments:

Ali said...

Enjoy your purchases they look great - the kits from the Nutmeg company are so sweet - love the once upon a time xx

Linda said...

Love all your new stash Jo.

Linda

cucki said...

wowwwwwwwwwwwwww
enjoy x

Annette said...

Beautifull New smash. Enjoy it
Lovely cards!!
Happy Easter weekend!!

Brigitte said...

This kind of fabric packs is always very inspiring for me. When I see them I start thinking about what designs I could use them for. Have fun with your new fabric stash as well as with your greeting card kits which look very special.