Wednesday 15 April 2020

Strange times

Hello everyone.

It's quite the odd time we are living through right now.  No school, working at the dining table, trying to juggle all sorts and yet still needing to get some things like stitching and exercise in to keep on top of the mental health.  I hope you are all well and safely tucked away at home.

I am super behind with the updates.  As I scrolled back through my photos to dig out the stitching ones, I scrolled past endless kids parties, Christmas, school project work, carvery lunches and brunches and days out with my little one.  So apologies for being so absent, but with the work and the travelling into London, by the time I picked my little one up from after school club, did our evening routine, ate and sat down again, I just couldn't face turning on the laptop.  Weekends had been full of sports activities and then trying to fit in fun as well so it didn't seem like we were just running on this machine of a routine.

However, I did manage to squeeze in a bit of stitching during the commute and in the Xmas break and an occasional hour at the weekend.  I'm not complaining at all about the lockdown, we are safe at home, my hayfever is not enjoying the blossom at the moment anyway, so I'm pretty happy to be indoors.

Anyways, here are the photo updates of my stitching :)

Hello Pumpkin (month 2) - Caterpillar Cross Stitch

Holodeck Finish! (happy dance!) - Star Trek Cross Stitch book

Seas the Day (month 6) - Caterpillar Cross Stitch

One more thing... in a moment of madness (given how many projects I already have on the go) I decided to sign up to Mr X Stitch SAL001 - Cagliostro.  Still waiting for fabric, but the first month landed yesterday.  It's a biggie!  Here's the link:
https://xstitchmag.com/shop/xstitchalong-001

I also haven't forgotten Maynia is on its way... still debating what to do this year, a number of last year's starts are still unfinished!

Stay safe and hope to be back soon!
Jo

3 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

Lovely to hear from you, your little one has grown up so quickly, Love your stitching, stay safe xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely to see a post from you again. It's always nice to see that people have been stitching even if the blogging falls by the wayside.
I have seen the posts about the X-Stitch SAL, it's going to be interesting to see how many people keep up with it. 500 stitches a day is a LOT, even on lockdown LOL

Astrids dragon said...

So nice to "see" you again and that you're still stitching!
Great Holodeck finish! Do you know how you're going to finish it?