Thursday 18 January 2024

Happy 2024!

Hello All,

It's been a REALLY long time in the internet scheme of things! I hope that you are all doing ok.

I am back for a bit with a few stitchy updates.  Some I can't quite share yet as they are for presents, but it has been a while and I HAVE been stitching busily away in the background.  As usual though, it's a case of too many projects and not enough time.

I did manage to complete one that I've been working on as a gift for a friend over xmas.  And what do you do after that, you absolutely start a new one!

This is my newest start:

Born Free lion cub, Pollyanna Pickering

The friend who bought me this and her dad both love Pollyanna Pickering.  It had been put to one side for quite a while because of the number of projects but I grabbed it as one that I thought would be quite contained and interesting to start when we were away over xmas.

Prior to that though, I'd been working on a separate piece, mainly on train journeys as it was only a few colours and on 14ct.  That was this lovely fairy that I bought on Etsy from the seller StitchyPrincess:


Fairy by StitchyPrincess

I decided not to stitch the border that it comes with, just need to find a cute frame for it now.

Other than that, there has been some progress on lots of other things, here's my Cagliostro update:

Cagliostro - Mr X Stitch piece

And final update for now is the Caterpillar Cross Stitch 'Hello Sunshine' piece:

Hello Sunshine

I think I made a mistake in this one as I was stitching it on the train and obviously was not concentrating hard enough.  That was why I parked it at the time, but it is a bright and sunny piece so might find myself drawn back to it shortly.

That's all the updates for now, I hope to be back here more regularly and to catch up with all the blogs I've not been to for a while!

TTFN!
Jo





No comments: