Sunday 21 November 2021

Autumn 2021 Update

Hello all,

It's been quite a while, hasn't it? 

After my last post, I was busy busy applying for new jobs and I wasn't feeling quite myself with all that was happening around Covid, things started to affect me more than they usually would for a couple of months. After quite a few job applications from October to December, a bunch of rejections and a couple of interviews, I managed to find a new role shortly after Christmas.  Between that and my daughter being older now, there hasn't been a lot of downtime - the last thing I've wanted to do is sit at a laptop after working from home looking at data all day and running around doing drop-offs and pickups.

However, I've not been just sitting around.  I do have pretty little x's to show you, and a couple of finishes, yay!

First up is the Positivity Rules piece from Caterpillar Cross Stitch - all finished! This was a great stitch during the early part of the pandemic, and great to just concentrate on good words instead of negative ones.


Secondly, Cagliostro, a stitch along from Mr X Stitch.  It is such a massive piece that I fell behind with it quickly as I don't tend to stick with one piece as I like to choose what colours I'm working with depending on my mood.



Next, another Caterpillar Cross Stitch finish - Hello Pumpkin.  This is one of a set of 4 seasonal pieces.  I've begun working on the summer one next, but it's nice to see this one finished, it was very enjoyable and easy to pick up and do a little leaf or character and then put it down until the next day.


As it got towards Halloween, I realised I'd had the patterns for this stuck in my stitching box probably for about 10 years or so and never got round to buying the materials for it.  So I was happy to get started on it this year.  This is Boo Club by Lizzie Kate.


And finally, a bit of an update to this Dimensions one that I worked on a little during StitchMaynia this year.


So that's it from me for now.  I hope that you and your loved ones are all ok.
Until next time!
Jo


No comments: